Gingerbread – Creme Brulee
- 36 Gingerbread Spoons
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- ½ t Vanilla Extract
- 4 Egg Yolks
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Turbinado Sugar
- 36 Raspberries
- 36 Sprigs of Mint
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla in a small mixing bowl until thick and creamy.
- Heat cream in a double boiler over medium heat to a simmer.
- Slowly add cream to egg mixture whisking constantly to temper eggs.
- Return mixture to double boiler and slowly heat until mixture can coat the back of a spoon.
- Transfer custard to a squeeze bottle.
- Meanwhile, line Gingerbread spoons on a sheet pan leaning stem over side of pan to keep bowl in upright position.
- Squeeze a small amount of custard into each bowl.
- Carefully place spoons in oven and bake for 5 minutes or until custard has set.
- Remove from oven, cover custard with Turbinado sugar, and using a torch, brulee the sugar to create an even crisp coating.
- Garnish onto cutlery with a raspberry and fresh mint sprig.
- Serving Size: 36