Italian Herb with Beets and Goat Cheese
- 36 Italian Herb Spoons
- Local Beets (Red & Golden) 1 or 2 of each depending on size
- Fresh Thyme leaves
- 8 oz Herbed Goat Cheese
- 4 oz Heavy Cream
- 1 t Balsamic Reduction
- Local Pea Greens
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim beet leaves if necessary. Wash thoroughly. Season with olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Roast in oven until fork tender. Let cool until easy to handle. Peel skin using gloves. Using a # 4 circle mold, cut through beet core. Slice thin using a mandoline.
- Whip Goat Cheese in a stand mixer and slowly add heavy cream until loose enough to easily pipe through a 5 star tip. Transfer to a piping bag.
- With tip pointing at front edge of spoon bowl pipe a small dollop of goat cheese. Add a slice of beet and repeat until bowl is filled.
- Garnish onto cutlery with Balsamic Reduction and Pea Greens
- Serving Size: 36